Agricultural overhead doors play an important role in your daily operations. Not only do they provide convenient access to your agricultural building, but they also keep your equipment, livestock, and products safe and secure.
At Overhead Door Company of Lethbridge, Calgary & Cranbrook, our agricultural doors are engineered to withstand extreme weather conditions, heavy use, and meet safety standards and regulations. If you’re looking to replace or upgrade an existing door or require a new installation, use the guide below to help you choose the right agricultural door for your business.
The different types of agricultural doors
The right type of agricultural door depends on several factors, including the location of your building and what you’re using the building for, such as farm equipment storage, a barn with livestock, or crop and seed storage, to name a few.
At Overhead Door Company of Calgary, Lethbridge & Cranbrook, we offer the following types of agricultural doors:
- Rolling Service – Ideal for barns and ranches with plenty of sideroom and headroom to work with. Rolling service doors can fit openings of up to 1500 sq. ft. We offer the industry’s widest selection of material, colours, and customization options for both aesthetic and functional purposes.
- High-Speed Metal – Ideal for agricultural businesses that experience high traffic or requires access the building many times a day. These springless high-speed metal doors are designed for high cycles and can efficiently open up to 80” per second.
- Sectional Steel – Reliable, cost-effective, durable, and low-maintenance, sectional steel doors are one of the most popular agricultural doors. Choose from a vast array of customization options, including track and hardware, door panel profiles, colours, and styles.
- Insulated Sectional Steel – A 3-layer steel and insulation construction provides all of the benefits of an insulated door, ideal for equipment storage, product storage, and livestock to help maintain a comfortable internal temperature.
- High-Speed Insulated – A high-speed door that prevents heat loss and condensation.
- Thermacore® Sectional Steel – Thermacore® offers the highest quality of insulated sectional doors for agri-businesses that require a high level of thermal efficiency, air infiltration, and wind load resistance.
- Aluminum Glass – Aluminum garage doors are ideal where aesthetics and design considerations play a big role. Our aluminum commercial overhead doors are offered in a variety of colours, track styles, and finish options for a functional, beautifully-styled garage door system.
- Fire-Rated – Our rolling steel doors can be built to meet fire safety standards. They can close automatically in the event of a fire or when fire alarms are activated. The Fire Sentinel® time-delay release device is an added safety measure to control the door’s closure.
- Rolling Sheet Doors – Rolling sheet doors are cost-effective, simple to install, and require very little maintenance. This type of commercial overhead door is typically used for storage and farm repair shops.
- Wind Load – We offer agricultural wind load options for our Thermacore Systems, Sectional Steel Systems, Rolling Service Systems, and Fire Door Systems. Wind load doors protect your barn or ranch from high winds and extreme weather conditions.
- Custom – Can’t find what you’re looking for or have unique requirements for your agricultural door? Give us a call and we can help you with your custom agricultural door.
Things to consider when choosing an agricultural door
Agri-businesses are exposed to harsh elements including snow, ice, mud, dirt, grime, animal waste, and more. When choosing an agricultural door, consider:
- How easy it is to wash and maintain – On farms, agricultural doors can easily be caked with dirt and mud. A steel or aluminum overhead door is typically easy to clean – simply hose them down or use a power washer.
- Required safety features – Most overhead doors are required to have safety features as part of industry standards and regulations, including motion sensors, auto-reverse, and emergency manual controls.
- Insulation level – In Canada especially, an insulated overhead door helps regulate indoor temperature and reduce your energy consumption.
- New garage door opener technology – Today’s overhead doors can be equipped with a new garage door opener that allows you to access the door through an app on your mobile device. Monitor any suspicious activity, reduce your risk of theft and break-ins, and keep your business safe and secure.
Agricultural overhead door service, repairs, and installation
Alberta’s agricultural industry is thriving and we’re proud to serve agri-businesses with strong, reliable, and secure overhead doors. Contact us for all of your agricultural overhead door needs. We offer garage door repairs, installation, and service and provide both on-call and regularly-scheduled maintenance to keep your doors operating efficiently year-round.
With office locations in Lethbridge, Calgary, and Cranbrook, you can count on us to be there when you need us.