As the original residential and commercial garage door company since 1921, we are the garage door experts and leaders in the industry. When you choose Overhead Door Company for your garage door maintenance, repair, and replacement services, you’re choosing excellence, safety, and unmatched service.
Overhead Door Company of Lethbridge, Calgary & Cranbrook is backed by some of the top industry associations across Canada and Alberta, including the Canadian Door Institute (CDI). These recognitions represent our commitment to maintaining a high standard for quality in our services and products, leadership, and ethical business practices.
About the Canadian Door Institute (CDI)
The Canadian Door Institute (CDI) was established in 1971 with the purpose to uphold the door industry to a professional standard. The CDI certification is a nationally recognized and respected achievement for all garage door companies and garage door technicians. CDI provides:
- A one-of-a-kind Certification Program to ensure proper garage door training.
- Tools, resources, and support to help companies improve their services and internal operations.
- Continuous training and education for Canada’s garage door industry.
- Advocacy and a voice for companies to express their concerns about safety issues, market conditions, and current environmental and economical challenges.
The CDI certification
All of our garage door technicians at Overhead Door Company of Lethbridge, Calgary & Cranbrook are CDI-certified. The Certification Program Covers:
- Workplace safety and business skills
- Construction knowledge and tools
- Installation of overhead doors
- Overhead door service and repair
- Electric garage door operators
Participants need to provide prerequisite documents to be eligible to take the course, including first aid, WHIMIS, and 1500 working hours for an existing technician or 1000 working hours for a new worker, provided by their employer.
A CDI certification validates the credibility of a garage door company. Trained technicians who learn the proper use of tools, safety equipment, and installation can complete the job more efficiently while increasing the safety of the worksite.
A membership with the Canadian Door Institute
In addition to being CDI-certified, our team has access to resources and benefits through our CDI membership, including:
- Regional tradeshows and conventions across Canada.
- Annual North American conventions in participation with the International Door Association.
- Regional technical seminars and monthly business meetings with special industry-related guests.
CDI was founded on 4 main values: professionalism, safety, excellence, and people. We are proud to be a certified and recognized garage door company by the Canadian Door Institute.
At Overhead Door Company of Lethbridge, Calgary & Cranbrook, our credentials and recognitions include the International Door Association (IDA), Alberta Construction Association (ACA), Canadian Home Builders’ Association (CHBA), and the Alberta Chambers of Commerce.