When it’s time for a new garage door, homeowners have endless options to choose from. And while having a lot of choices can be a positive factor, it can also be a little overwhelming. Will the style match the look of your home? Does the type of material make sense for where you live? Do you want multiple panels and windows?
At Overhead Door Company of Calgary, Lethbridge, and Cranbrook, we can provide recommendations on all things related to garage doors. As the original garage door company, Overhead Door™ has been providing quality residential garage door products and exceptional services since 1921. We are garage door experts. One of the reasons the company continues to be successful after over 100 years in operation is our adaptability to new technology, curiosity, and innovation.
Overhead Door™’s DoorView App
A big way we take advantage of the latest tech is with our DoorView App where you can play around with colours, materials, and styles set against a picture of your home.
To help you visualize the right residential garage door, download the app available for free for Apple and Google Android. The app is user-friendly and simple to navigate with easy guides. You can choose a garage door style, add options and features, pick out a colour, and apply the door to a picture of your home. Check out our DoorView App user guide to learn more.
Different types of residential garage doors
Keep in mind that the garage door can help increase a home’s curb appeal and value should you choose to sell your property in the future, making the investment worthwhile. In Alberta, insulated garage doors are ideal to keep cold air out and warm air in during the months while maintaining a comfortable environment during the hot summer days. This can help lower energy bills and protect your home from sudden temperature changes.
Choose from different types of material, each with differing price points and benefits, including:
- Aluminum – Places less stress on springs and tracks because of its lightweight properties. Aluminum is low-maintenance and corrosion-resistant.
- Fibreglass – One of the most cost-effective options that can mimic the look of real wood.
- Steel – A popular choice for its durability, strength, and weather protection.
- Wind load – Made of two layers of steel with polyurethane foam insulation in between. Engineered to withstand high winds and harsh weather conditions.
- Vinyl – Made of a composite of different materials that is resistant to rust and damage.
- Wood collection – Considered one of the strongest and most beautiful garage door materials that are often duplicated but can’t be matched.
Contact us for all of your residential garage door needs. We provide both on-call and regularly-scheduled maintenance to keep your garage doors operating efficiently year-round. With office locations in Lethbridge, Calgary & Cranbrook, you can count on us to be here when you need quality garage door products and services.