Regular maintenance extends the garage door and garage door operator life. Good manufactures will provide a warranty on parts, and you will be able to call with ease to get any problems fixed.
If you’re wondering what to do about servicing residential garage doors, here are the five W’s to some frequent garage door maintenance questions answered.
When should I service my garage door?
The garage door is the entry point that is most often used in the home. Maintaining your garage door increases its effectiveness on safety. Maintenance should be done at least once every year, but twice a year is better. If there are any safety concerns, call immediately. The longer you wait, the more damage that could potentially happen.
Residential garage doors are the largest moving piece of equipment on the home. As a general rule of precaution for preventative measures, call an experienced service repair person once a year. The older the door, the more frequent maintenance is needed.
What signs should I look out for that might indicate repair is necessary?
Listen for noises as the first signal that something is wrong and your garage door needs service. Things that are most often a problem are:
- A garage door that only opens halfway
- Unusually noisy when opened or closed
- Not moving even when you can hear the motor running
- A door that opens without the use of a keypad or remote control
- Broken glass or cracked wood
Who should I call to come to fix my garage door?
Always make sure you hire an experienced and qualified garage door service technician. It is always better to leave it to the pros. An experienced garage door service provider will be able to diagnose the problem technically and have the parts on hand to fix the problem right away.
Don’t try to fix it yourself, the experts are insured. You can rest easy and avoid doing any harm to yourself as safety is always number one. Doing any maintenance yourself could lead to damage or injury. Professionals will know how best to do the inspection correctly and safely.
Why should I get regular maintenance done on my garage?
The main reason to keep your garage door in good repair is safety. It is not uncommon for an injury to occur when a heavy garage door comes crashing down on you or your car.
The three most important reasons to get regular maintenance on your garage door that will save you time and money in the long run include:
- Convenience – The garage door is a central entrance; it is where you store your car. Avoid getting stuck in or out of the garage, so you’re not late for work or stuck in bad weather such as hail or snow. The ability to keep sleeping when someone is using the garage door early in the morning is also a bonus. Having a well-maintained garage door prevents noise from disturbing neighbours and sleeping families.
- Safety – Keep everyone around you safe, including children, family, and friends. Additionally, having a well-maintained garage door makes them more durable and less likely to be broken into.
- Finances – A broken garage door can be costly. It is more cost-effective to maintain individual parts than to replace the whole thing. One broken piece can lead to more damage if it is not fixed right away.
Where can I find Calgary garage door maintenance workers?
Servicing residential garage doors in Calgary is our specialty. We provide annual maintenance visits to make sure your garage door is working properly and is in good condition all year round.
Contact our team for a quote today.
Proudly serving Calgary, Lethbridge, and Cranbrook.